[Dovecot] MD5 mis-match

Big Pizzle bigpizzle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:36:29 EEST 2007

On 8/2/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> Big Pizzle spake the following on 8/2/2007 4:19 PM:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm almost finished building our new load balanced email server that are
> > attached to an NFS mountpoint.  There are currently two e-mail servers
> > connected to the NFS share.  Both email servers are running CentOS 4.5with
> > Postfix 2.4.3, Dovecot 0.99, and authenticating via LDAP.
> >
> > Dovecot is using Maildir format.  I've been trying to do some benchmarks
> > using Postal and Rabid, and whenever I run rabid, I'm getting errors
> like
> > this:
> >
> > MD5 mis-match, calculated:a628289996ce19910ebbd4eef2ebc3fc, expected
> > 9406a7cf56afb5a1308eb5377e141719!
> >
> > However, when I tail the /var/log/maillog, I don't see errors - I just
> see
> > the pop3-login.
> >
> > Just wondering if that is okay.  I've also been trying to find an RPM
> for
> > Dovecot 1.0.3, with no avail.  Anyone know where I can get one?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Patrick
> >
> There is one on ATRpms for 1.0.2, but Axel hasn't yet built 1.0.3. Maybe
> he
> hasn't seen the announcement yet. I am considering taking his 1.0.2 src
> rpm
> and the source for 1.0.3 and trying to build my own.
>
> --
>
> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

Sweet thanks for the info.  If you built 1.0.3 let me know - I'll be glad to
take one!  :)

Also, about the MD5 hash, I guess it has something to do with rabid.  As of
postal/rabid 0.15:

Rabid now checks the md5 checksum's on messages it receives that have an
X-Postal header field.  It displays an error message on a mis-match.

Anyone know what that means?  Here's my dovecot.conf:

##########################
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s

imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *

imaps_listen = *
pop3s_listen = *

ssl_disable = no

ssl_cert_file = /usr/share/ssl/hes.xyz.com/hes.xyz.com.cert.pem
ssl_key_file = /usr/share/ssl/hes.xyz.com/hes.xyz.com.privatekey.pem

disable_plaintext_auth = no

login_dir = /var/run/dovecot-login

login = imap

login_user = dovecot

login = pop3

valid_chroot_dirs = /home

default_mail_env = maildir:/home/%u/Maildir:INDEX=MEMORY

mbox_locks = dotlock

auth = default

auth_mechanisms = plain

auth_userdb = ldap /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

auth_passdb = ldap /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

auth_user = dovecot-auth