[Dovecot] Some of my IMAP Folders vanished in some MUAs

Dominik Schulz lkml at ds.gauner.org
Fri Aug 3 10:44:23 EEST 2007

Hi,
I'm using dovecot for some time now. Previously I was using Courier and I've
migrated this setup to dovecot which went pretty fine.

Now I'm experiencing some strange behaviour when using some newer mail
clients. Some of my Folders, like "spam", are vanished.

The strange point is that it only happens in some clients, like Thunderbird
2.x+ or KMail 3.5.x. In others, like Thunderbird < 2, Mutt or my Webmailer
(Horde) they still show up. These folders are still there, i.e. in the
filesystem, and the permissions seem to match those of the other folders
which can be seem in all MUAs.

I don't know if this is even related to dovecot but I think this is where I
should start looking for an solution.

I'm using dovecot 1.0.rc15 from Debian (stable/etch).

It'd be great if anyone was able to help me. Thanks in advance.

Best Regrads
Dominik Schulz