[Dovecot] Some of my IMAP Folders vanished in some MUAs

Fri Aug 3 14:52:51 EEST 2007

Please don't top-post... :)

>>> Now I'm experiencing some strange behaviour when using some newer
>>> mail clients. Some of my Folders, like "spam", are vanished.

>> it may be a susbscription problem, with the "old" clients showing
>> all the folders and the "new" ones showing only the subscribed
>> ones.
>>
>> See if you can subscribe to the missing folders, or change the
>> default setting to show all folders.

 > that's it :) Thank you very much.
 >
 > For the records: Dovecot is fine, I have to blame the MUAs.

Eh? Folder subscription is such a basic feature/function of IMAP that I
would not blame the MUA in this case, I'd blame the user... ;)

 > This is not what I call "user-friendly".

Do you have a better way of managing folder subscriptions? As history
has shown, Timo is very open to innovating in dovecot...

--

Best regards,

Charles