[Dovecot] Subfolders

Don Russell russell.don at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:32:04 EEST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> Azher Amin spake the following on 8/5/2007 3:59 AM:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does dovecot supports sub folders ?? I tried creating a subfolder for a
>> folder under the main tree .... Thunderbird allows you creating but
>> doesn't show up ...
>>
>> Plz suggest how it can be enabled.
>>
>> Regards
>> -Azher
>>

> Dovecot with thunderbird only seems to support sub folders if you are using
> maildir type mailstores. I don't think it will work if using mbox.

Not true. I use Thunderbird as my mail client, and create subfolders...
I use mbox. (Though I intend to convert to maildir eventually)
When you create a folder, you have to decide whether the folder will
contain messages only, or other folders. Folders and mesages can not be
contained in the same folder.