[Dovecot] Disable IMAP for certain users, but not Webmailer

Geert Hendrickx ghen at telenet.be
Mon Aug 6 11:02:41 EEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 10:20:02PM +0200, FORMER 03|Baltasar Cevc wrote:
> But I'd need some possibility to have two different IMAP listeners (e.g.
> one on port 144 for webmail) or something similar, as I currently
> disallow webmail (which connects to localhost via IMAP), too.

You just need to accept IMAP from any IP for some, from localhost only for
others, and from nowhere for the rest.  No need for different ports.  You
just need one additional column in the database (with 'pop3'/'imap'/
'webmail' or however you'd like to encode it) and then construct the right
SQL-queries, see Angel Marin's hints for that.

	Geert