[Dovecot] Sieve Vacation cause deliver to die

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Mon Aug 13 10:07:02 EEST 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, M1 wrote:

> When a user enable vacation in sieve deliver die and the mail lost.

The script is fine and is working for me, but I'm using v1.0.1 currently.

I had some problems with core dumps some time ago, because Dovecot deliver
was unable to execute /usr/lib/sendmail the send the mail for _various_
reasons, including a permission problem and a problem because of missing
Return-Path header.

I solved it like so:

Craft a valid message, then
su user -c 'limit -c unlimited ; strace dovecot-deliver -f sender -d user
< msg'

Then check out the the system trace and the core dump.

To make sure the Return-Path header is present in the mail, I replaced the
MDA setting with a script, roughly:

=== START MDAscript
#!/bin/bash

(
 	echo "Command line arguments: $@"
 	ulimit -c unlimited
 	ulimit
 	id
 	pwd
 	tee /tmp/msg.$$ | /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver "$@" >
/tmp/deliver.out.$$ 2>&1
 	echo $? >/tmp/exitcode.$$
) > /tmp/out.$$ 2>&1

# Pass the output to sendmail
cat /tmp/deliver.out.$$
exit $(cat /tmp/exitcode.$$)
=== END

Sometimes deliver outputs useful stuff, despite the core dump.

> not header :comparator > "i;ascii-casemap" :is "Precedence" "list,bulk"
> ) {

You are using Horde?

"Precedence" "list,bulk" should be "Precedence" [ "list", "bulk" ]

Bye,

- --
Steffen Kaiser