[Dovecot] IDLE with inotify problem

Michael Guntsche mike at it-loops.com
Mon Aug 13 20:07:39 EEST 2007

Hello Timo,

On Aug 13, 2007, at 14:15, Michael Guntsche wrote:

> Maybe this can be changed that it does not take the interval into
> account of it uses inotify, dnotify or kqueue.
> My workaround for now is to set the timeout to 1.

I thought about a simple way to implement this.
mailbox_notify_changes() wants an interval so why not change cmd-
idle.c to something like.

cmd-idle.c:252
#ifdef IOLOOP_NOTIFY_NONE
   str = getenv("MAILBOX_IDLE_CHECK_INTERVAL");
   interval = str == NULL ? 0 : (unsigned int)strtoul(str, NULL, 10);
   if (interval == 0)
     interval = DEFAULT_IDLE_CHECK_INTERVAL;
#else
   interval = 1;
#endif

So all other notifies just default to an interval of 1 and ignore the
setting in the config file.

Kind regards,
Michael