[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v6 for dovecot 1.0.3

Robin Breathe robin+dovecot at isometry.net
Fri Aug 17 13:56:34 EEST 2007

Stephan Bosch wrote:
> I have updated the MANAGESIEVE patch to (hopefully) fix the compilation
> issues reported by Robin Breathe. This is a patch against the latest
> stable release 1.0.3. It currently won't compile with 1.1 due to
> significant changes in the master code.

I can confirm that it's now compiling fairly cleanly with Sun CC under
Solaris 10 again, thanks.

> Change Log V6
> -------------
>
> - Corked the client output stream while producing the capability greeting and on
>   other some other occasions as well. Some naive client implementations expect to
>   receive this as a single tcp frame and it is a good practice to do so anyway.
>   Using this change the Thunderbird sieve extension (v0.1.1) seemed to work. However,
>   scripts larger than a tcp frame still caused failures. All these issues are fixed
>   in the latest version of the sieve add-on (currently v0.1.4).

Should the current incarnation of the patch support TLS, or is there
anything I need to do to enable TLS for managesieve; the Thunderbird
Sieve extension hangs when "Use TLS" option is selected. Configuration
below:

# ./dovecot -n
# 1.0.3: /app/dovecot/1.0.3-managesieve/etc/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /dovecot/run-managesieve/
protocols: managesieve
listen: imap.brookes.ac.uk:12000
ssl_cert_file: /app/openssl/certs/public/dovecot.pem
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /dovecot/run-managesieve/login
login_executable:
/app/dovecot/1.0.3-managesieve/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login
login_processes_count: 16
login_max_processes_count: 512
max_mail_processes: 8192
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 900
first_valid_gid: 10
mail_location:
maildir:%h/Maildir:INDEX=/dovecot/index/%u:CONTROL=/dovecot/control/%u
mail_debug: yes
mail_executable: /app/dovecot/1.0.3-managesieve/libexec/dovecot/managesieve
mail_plugin_dir: /app/dovecot/1.0.3-managesieve/lib/dovecot/managesieve
namespace:
  type: private
  inbox: yes
auth default: