[Dovecot] [Pkg-exim4-users] Exim-dovecot-Horde/imp-Mysql

Christian Schmidt Christian.Schmidt at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Aug 22 12:23:57 EEST 2007

Hello Andre,

Andre Eisvogel, 21.08.2007 (d.m.y):

> I'm running a linuxbox with ' Dovecot<->Exim<->horde/IMP<-> Mysql ', this is a
> very good combination and works excellent for the system users.
>
> Now I want to change the configuration and authenticate against the mysql
> database from horde. That way it is much easy for me to create (virtual) mail
> users. I also want to use the mail alias of the horde users for Exim and
> Dovecot.
>
> My questions are; is it possible to use the horde mysql database for this?

Yes - you can (and most probably need to) create additional tables in the horde
database. Using the stock horde database would not help you, because
horde just uses it as a container to store your users' preferences.

> And is it also possible for the mail alias of horde?

What is the "mail alias of horde"? IMO, horde in general and imp in
special isn't aware of aliases at all.

Gruss/Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--