[Dovecot] Mixing system and virtual users

Tim Tsai tim at sig.msstate.edu
Thu Aug 23 02:26:34 EEST 2007

Answering my own question:

In dovecot-sql.conf:

    user_query = SELECT '/var/vmail/' as home, maildir as mail,
postfix_uid as uid, postfix_gid as gid FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'

And in dovecot.conf userdb/passwdb sections:

    args = home=maildir:~/Maildir/

    it's not as clean as I'd like but seems to do the trick.

The only other thing that got me really confused was passwd schemes.  I
am migrating vpopmail password database and I had to specify MD5 in
dovecot-sql.conf.

Thanks,

Tim