[Dovecot] removing IMAP keywords?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Aug 23 18:14:29 EEST 2007

Hi there,

I found that with an IMAP command like

  <unique-leader> STORE 1 +FLAGS (testflag)

I can set arbitrary flags on mails through the dovecot IMAP daemon.
This rules.

Now I wonder, however, how I can remove those flags, which become
properties of the folder, really. For instance, after the above,
SELECT on the containing folder gives:

* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft testflag)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft testflag \*)] Flags permitted.

Even if I remove the flag from all messages or even delete all
messages in the folder, the flag stays on the folder.

Is there an IMAP way of removing flags from a folder?

Also, does someone know where I can find specification on what
characters are allowed for keywords? RFC 3501 is strangely quiet on
this, or I am blind.

Thanks,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

"gilmour's guitar sounds good
 whether you've got a bottle of cider in your hand
 or a keyboard and a mouse."
                                                -- prof. bruce maxwell

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net