[Dovecot] postfix + dovecot lda,

Michael Moritz mimo at gn.apc.org
Wed Aug 29 18:53:32 EEST 2007

I'm trying to replace procmail with deliver but I'm having problems with the
group part of things. I keep getting:

Aug 29 16:44:19 dingbat deliver(mimo):
open(/var/mail/.temp.dingbat.3969.d1689935a308e0dd) failed: Permission denied
Aug 29 16:44:19 dingbat deliver(mimo): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox
file /var/mail/mimo: Permission denied

My primary group is mimo and I think it's trying to use that. I changed it to
mail and things work. But I do not want all my users to have a primary group
mail.

Is there a way I can force deliver to use group mail as group and ignore the
per user gid?

I tried chmod 6755 /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver but no change.

This is on debian/etch, help appreciated....

mimo