[Dovecot] Updated v1.1 and summer plans

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 3 00:05:54 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 10:02 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 12/2/2007, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 18:56 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> >> I don't see any mention of support for SiS
> >> (single-instance-storage) as discussed previously on the list, even
> >> for upcoming 1.2/2.0
> >>
> >> Did this fall through a crack? Or did you decide it was going to be
> >> too difficult for the time being?
>
> > dbox-file.h contains:
> >
> >     /* Pointer to external message data. Format is:
> >     DBOX_METADATA_EXT_REF        = 'P',
> >
> > That's about all there exists of that feature :) I haven't given up
> > on implementing that, but for now there have been more important
> > things.
>
> Fair enough... but since this one is near and dear to my heart ;)
>
> Do you have any idea as to a time frame for when you might be able to
> get to it? Are you thinking post v2.0? Even 2.1 or 3.0?

Right now I just want to get v1.1 finished. The main problem with it is
that apparently in some installations it's slower than v1.0 and I
haven't yet figured out why. And I want Squat rewrite to be included in
it too (almost finished! just committed it to hg).

After v1.1 I'm not sure. I'm more interested in implementing other
features first (like v2.0's config rewrite, replication, etc.), but once
I'm beginning to run out of money I'll start doing pretty much anything
people pay me to do ;)