[Dovecot] procmail/formail --> Maildir

Andre Huebner andre.huebner at gmx.de
Mon Dec 3 12:02:33 EET 2007

Hello List,

i switched mailformat from mbox to maildir. Now i have a little problem with procmail/formail and headermanipulation of mails.

Here an example:

0
* ^From.*gmx.de
| (formail -t -I"procmail: gmx.de") >> /var/spool/mail/xxxxxx

So, i can add some different headerlines for later evaluation and the result is attached to inbox.
Now i have the problem that i don't know name of targetfile, cause it is unique for every mail if maildir is used.
I did not found a Option or other workaround to solve this case.
I know, it is not a dovecot problem but i hope somebody can give a hint.

Could it be a possibility to leave all unchanged? Mails could be transported to /var/spool/mail/xxxxxx and picked up by dovecot if in dovecot.conf the convert-plugin ist always activated?

Thanks

Andre