[Dovecot] LIST problem with Dovecot1.1beta10

Dean Brooks dean at iglou.com
Mon Dec 3 23:11:35 EET 2007

Hi,

Certain IMAP folder problems started popping up with Squirrelmail with
the 1.1beta10 version of Dovecot (and possibly earlier versions).
Looked into it and I am seeing odd behavior with the LIST command.

Here is how to reproduce problem, unless I'm missing something obvious:

a001 login dean <password>
a001 OK Logged in.

a002 list "" *
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Sent"
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Trash"
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Drafts"
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "INBOX"
a002 OK List completed.

a003 list "" Trash*
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" "Trash"
a003 OK List completed.

a004 list "" Trash
a004 OK List completed.     <*** What?  Shouldn't it have listed Trash
                                 instead of returning nothing?>

a005 list "" Trash"         <*** Unbalanced quote causes total lockup!

It appears that Squirrelmail, and possibly others, are using the LIST
command to test for the presence of a mailbox, but it seems impossible
to get an exact match.

Am I missing something here?

--
Dean Brooks