[Dovecot] Worse now: Cores

Kristian Koehntopp kris at koehntopp.de
Wed Dec 5 20:57:32 EET 2007

On Wednesday, 5. December 2007 19:49:28 Charles Marcus wrote:
> Kristian Koehntopp, on 12/5/2007 1:38 PM, said the following:
> > Worse now: I get stuff such as
> >
> > http://paste.debian.net/44248
> >
> > in my log. What is dovecot trying to do and why?
>
> You need to provide more info...
>
> dovecot -n output for starters... All anyone knows so far is you're
> EITHER on 1.0rc14, or 1.0.8, MAYBE...

I am in the process of moving my mailboxes from an overloaded cyrus-box to a
new dovecot installation. The suse-supplied 1.0.rc14 did break down with
signal 6 asserts "seq 1 < seq2 ...", so I compiled a download of 1.0.8
instead. This did not change a thing.

Downgraded from self-compiled 1.0.8 back to 1.0.rc14 as supplied by suse,
deleted all dovecot files in Maildir to have them regenerated.

Here is dovecot -n of the current install:

h743107:~ # /usr/sbin/dovecot -n
# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
syslog_facility: local6
listen: 85.214.35.184
ssl_cert_file: /etc/dovecot/imap.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/dovecot/imap.pem
ssl_cipher_list: ALL:!LOW
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting: server ready.
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 1000
last_valid_uid: 60000
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
mail_debug: yes
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: yes
imap_client_workarounds: delay-newmail outlook-idle tb-extra-mailbox-sep
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  passdb:
    driver: pam