[Dovecot] Sieve MySQL integration

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Dec 6 15:57:54 EET 2007

Steven Murphy wrote:
> I have dovecot running with sieve performing vacation autoreply.
>
> Can sieve do sql lookups for vacation messages instead of having to do flat
> files in the users home directory?

No, unfortunately. To my knowledge, there is also no sieve extension
that specifies such behavior. The only proposed extension that has the
ability to do a background lookup is extlists, but that has nothing to
do with retrieving arbitrary strings from a database and will not be
useful for your purpose. If you feel that is might be commonly desired
feature of the sieve language, you could ask around on the
ietf-mta-filters at imc.org mailing list whether such an extension would be
viable and whether someone is willing to adopt the responsibility to
write a proper specification.

And then it still needs to be implemented of course... :)

Regards,

Stephan.