[Dovecot] "pipe" plugin - is anyone interested (or using it)?

Nicolas Boullis nicolas.boullis at ecp.fr
Thu Dec 6 16:09:50 EET 2007

Hi,

Ben Schumacher wrote:

> Could you maybe explain how the configuration works in a little more
> detail? For some reason I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head
> around how this works:

What is the part you don't understand?

> namespace private {
>    separator = .
>    location = maildir:/var/mail/%u
>    inbox = yes
>    hidden = no
> }
>
> namespace public {
>    separator = .
>    prefix = learn.
>    location = maildir:/var/learn/%u
>    inbox = no
>    hidden = no
> }

This is a simple namespace definition, nothing specific to my plugin.
The learn.* part of the namespace is declared public and stored an a
specific location. I did this to avoid counting the learnt messages to
the quota.

> plugin {
> (...)
>   pipe = /var/learn/%u/.spam:spamc -d some.host -L spam
>   pipe2 = /var/learn/%u/.ham:spamc -d some.host -L ham
> (...)

And here I define that any message stored to /var/learn/%u/.spam where
%u is the username (that is learn.spam in the user's IMAP namespace) has
to be piped to the "spamc -d some.host -L spam" command. And the same
for ham.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas