[Dovecot] Mails "get lost" - RHEL 5.1 - dovecot-1.0-1.2.rc15.el5

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Dec 7 13:13:36 EET 2007

Nikolay Shopik schrieb:
> On 04.12.2007 19:35, Götz Reinicke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we do have a Voiceboxserver which forward recorded avi messages to the
>> mailserver account of users. I'v tested it for my account 10 minutes ago
>>  and everything works.
>>
>> Some users don't get the messages shown up in there mailclient while the
>> logs show a delivery of that mail.
>>
>> May be some mail caches are messed up?
>>
>> We use Thunderbird 2 and the users concerned use imap.
>>
>> Where may I look or what may I check?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Götz
>>
> So you sure it was delivered, seen this on dovecot.info log? If you are
> using maildir you may check if file delivered and exist.

Hi,

has somewone done an upgrade of the red hat package from an other
source? E.g. I have rebuild the latest fedora core 8 rpm
(dovecot-1.0.7-2) without erros. But will an update to this version
break anything? May I addjust some settings?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Regards

Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Mathildenstr. 20
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. Christoph Palmer, MdL, Minister a.D.

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt