[Dovecot] Is dovecot the right choice for this problem?

Darren McLaughlin darren at mindstreamtech.com
Fri Dec 7 19:56:58 EET 2007

Is dovecot the right choice for this problem?

I have a shared server with verio.  I have one particular client that sends and receives numerous large emails, and those emails were causing me to run out of processes on my verio server, and basically slow things down a great deal due to the shared mail queue.  Verio suggested Dovecot to reduce server load and allow this one client to have less problems with sending and receiving email.  Does this sound logical to anyone in the know?

Thanks!

Darren