[Dovecot] "pipe" plugin - is anyone interested (or using it)?

Nicolas Boullis nicolas.boullis at ecp.fr
Sat Dec 8 00:52:35 EET 2007

Quoting Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net>:

>> > I do think, however, that the two plugins could possibly converge.
>>
>> I don't think they can converge, they work in very different ways,
>> since yours work at the IMAP level while mine works at the storage
>> level.
>
> Actually, I work at storage level too now, I modified it.

Oh. I missed that.
I had a look at your plugin, quite some time ago, and did not think
you would have modified it in such a way.
I should definitely give it a look; how to you figure out where the
mail comes from?

> No, but I'm using spam as an example of how your plugin could be
> generalised to work the same as mine with a different configuration. It
> seems to me that you only consider use cases that depend on the target
> folder while my generalisation was to make it depend on the pair
> (source, target).

I did not think it would be possible to use the (source,target) pair
at the storage level. Now that I understand your proposal a little
better, I think it looks like a good idea.

Cheers,

Nicolas