[Dovecot] Internal Error - Cannot select inbox (solved) though where are the error messages logged

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 10 11:37:54 EET 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 10:42 +0300, Eric Beda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> through various trial and errors i've found the solution to my problem, i
> disabled the mbox_min_index_size, it was set to 200 ( i think i read in
> some  tutorial that this will increase performance)
>
> #mbox_min_index_size = 200
>
> After disabling it the errors stopped though i still have a niggling issue
> still unresolved
>
> Where do the error messages go ??? i read through the debuging tutorial,,
> the dovecot --log-error command doesn't work,,, or maybe i am not
> executing it properly
>
> # dovecot --log-error
> Usage: dovecot [-F] [-c <config file>] [-p] [-n] [-a]
>        [--exec-mail <protocol>] [--version] [--build-options]
> Fatal: Unknown argument: --log-error
>
> That is what i get after command execution, how do i find out where the
> error messages are logged ???

Looks like 1.0.rc15 doesn't yet have --log-error, so you'd have to
fallback to using grep. Maybe grepping "imap" would show show
something..

mbox_min_index_size anyway was problematic until very latest 1.0 RCs
where I did a lot of fixes to handling switching between on-disk indexes
and in-memory indexes.