[Dovecot] squat also not working in beta11

Joe Wong joewong at tkodog.no-ip.com
Mon Dec 10 18:14:18 EET 2007

Hi Timo,

I've found that the problem may not be related to the non english content. I
just tried delete dovecot.index.* from the not-working folder. After that,
full text search is also working on that folder, no more Corrupted squat
uidlist file error. Why are the two related to each other? Can the system
auto-heal under such condition?

By the way, for chinese, each BIG5 charcter is two bytes long and it is 3
bytes in UTF-8 encoding. For Chinese, a search word can contain 1
"character" or more. I think the indexer should convert the text to UTF-8
and cut the word to UTF-8 character but not bytes boundary.

What do you think?

- Joe