[Dovecot] Problem downloading mail with "large" attachment using Thunderbird....

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Wed Dec 12 14:15:02 EET 2007

We have a user that is using Thunderbird on Windows to read mail over IMAP and it works ok, except for downloading mail with
"large" attachment.. When opening a mail with a attachment with a size of 14-15MB, TB downloads the attachment seemingly ok, but
TB stops when reaching 99%. After TB has stopped, if the user tries to select another mail, TB just hangs and it has to be closed
and started again to work again...
I have checked the dovecot log, but I can't find anything there... We have also tried to create a log in TB but everything looks
ok there also...

Is there a known problem with TB and "large" attachment or does anyone know how to fix this, if possible?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj at havleik.no