[Dovecot] dovecot.index only gets updated in Root maildir Folder

Florian Franzeck florian at ggaweb.ch
Thu Dec 13 17:00:05 EET 2007

It seems like Dovecot doesn't check other folders than the main maildir
by dnotify, may that be possible?
is this common behaviour?

Florian Franzeck wrote:
> Debian uses dnotify by default.

version 1.0.rc15
(Newest Version available in Debian 4.0, newer version in testing tree
requires
new version libc...)

I got a procmail rule that moves mail from some senders to another
folder, e.g.
.archive.facebook/ . This works fine, the message appear in
.archive.facebook/new if i "ls" that directory by shell. But
dovecot.index files
don't get updated, hence IDLE doesn't tell the client new mail arrived.
this
only happens if i click on the folder in thunderbird. like this, not even
clicking on Thunderbird "Check mail" button shows me new Mail arrived.

Is this a common error in this version? would there any benefit if i self
compiled a newer version regarding this issue?

Thanx

Config:
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
ssl_listen: *
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
mail_extra_groups: mail
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
auth default:
    mechanisms: plain login