[Dovecot] child (login) killed with signal 9

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 16 22:15:55 EET 2007

On 13.12.2007, at 4.19, Matt LaPlante wrote:

> dovecot: 2007-12-12 09:29:06 Error: child 32765 (login) killed with
> signal 9

Well, your message inspired me to waste some time and money on
creating a new wiki: http://www.unixcoding.org/ and add a page there:
http://www.unixcoding.org/Signals:
SIGKILL

Number: 9

Killed by kernel, for example Linux's Out of Memory killer. dmesg may
show the reason.

Does setting login_process_size=64 fix this? If so, I'll update that
text to mention setrlimit() address space limit.