[Dovecot] child (login) killed with signal 9

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 16 23:40:33 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 15:56 -0500, Matt LaPlante wrote:
> > Does setting login_process_size=64 fix this? If so, I'll update that
> > text to mention setrlimit() address space limit.
>
> This is currently 32 (according to dovecot.conf).  Wouldn't raising it
> to 64 exacerbate memory problems if they do indeed exist?

No. The setting gives the maximum virtual size for the process. I've
already increased it to 64MB because shared library mappings have caused
32MB not to be enough in some systems. Maybe in your system 32MB is just
enough to get the process started, but not enough to always allocate
enough memory for heap/stack.