[Dovecot] Help please: Migrating Courier imap - Dovecot (Postfix virtual mailbox domains)

Sun Dec 16 23:43:31 EET 2007

Mark Piekos, on 12/16/2007 4:38 PM, said the following:
> Good advice but as it is not a production system I've given myself the
> luxury of jumping in with both feet...  :-)

? This is a good argument for starting with the newer betas of 1.1... it
is actually quite stable except in some corner cases...

> When I'm a bit more competent with Dovecot I'll be more than happy to work
> on beta testing but for now it's probably wiser for me to keep my
> variables to a minimum.

Maybe you missed my point? You are starting with a very dated version
(1.0 rc15), as opposed to the current stable version (1.0.9).

So, according to your own argument, you should be starting with 1.0.9...
I could see this for a production system, but if your initial comment is
true, then why NOT go with 1.1??

--

Best regards,

Charles