[Dovecot] imap+unix users and pop3+virtual users

Wendell Turner wendell at pmei.com
Mon Dec 17 04:39:18 EET 2007

However, I solved my own problem, but I don't know why.
Enlightenment would be appreciated.

this part is ok:
   userdb:
     driver: static
     args: uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/spool/mail/vhosts/%d/%n

however this was the offending line:
   mail_location: mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Q: why did commenting out the mail_location line make pop3
retrieval of the virtual host mailboxes work correctly?

Thanks,

Wendell