[Dovecot] Dovecot + Cygwin the 2nd

Ronny mlng at foxtrott-nb.de
Tue Dec 18 14:15:08 EET 2007

Hi,

i still try to get dovecot to run under cygwin.
After a post on the cygwin list i am able tu run dovecot.
Under Cygwin you have to run dovecot by inetd. Starting the binary
"dovecot.exe" does not work.

Well the server is running but answers with a fatal error.

Account: 'localhost', Server: 'localhost', Protokoll: POP3,
Serveranswer: 'Fatal: EOF while reading environment from master', Port:
110, Secure (SSL): No, error on server: 0x800CCC90, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC90

This error is from Outlook, Thunderbird just says there is an error
without any error message.

So maybe you can help me to bring my story to a hapy end ;-)

Cheers
Ronny