[Dovecot] maildirsize quota counting locking account?

Daniel Watts d at nielwatts.com
Wed Dec 19 18:11:29 EET 2007

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 12/19/2007, Daniel Watts (d at nielwatts.com) wrote:
>> Yeah no idea what thunderbird thinks it is doing. Often have to close
>> the program and restart it (of course this is nothing to do with
>> dovecot - i suspect tb's caching management).
>
> What platform? I use TBird on Windows and it works very well for me, as
> long as I restart it (TBird, not the computer) once every day or two...
>
> Are you setting any folders to offline mode?

Hi Charles,

Just using TBird on Windows. Not set anything to use offline mode.
Most common misbehaviour types are:

1. Thunderbird thinks that it has already downloaded a message so it
doesn't try. You click on a message, it looks like it is downloading,
finishes and gives a black message. Click off to another message and
then back again and it shows that blank message with no attempt to check
the IMAP server.

2. Thunderbird confuses messages. You're reading one message and a new
one arrives. You click on the new one and it shows the body you were
reading as the body of the new message. Clicking off it and then back
again maintains this.

Restarting thunderbird usually fixes the problem. As does 'rebuild
index' for that particular folder.

Thunderbird version is latest: 2.0.0.9

Happy to give as much info as you like but probably should take to email
as this is a Dovecot list =)

Best wishes,
Daniel