[Dovecot] cache files corruption

Dmitry Pryadko dpryadko at hc.ru
Fri Dec 28 08:48:50 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen пишет:
> On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 17:08 +0300, Dmitry Pryadko wrote:
>
>> /usr/local/mail/pawlin.mass.hc.ru/skribtsov/Maildir sync: UID inserted
>> in the middle of mailbox (59 > 16, file =
>> 1198267793.H747026P68033.mail5.hc.ru:2,RS)
>>
> ..
>
>> After that, some messages could "disappear" from messages list. And then
>> maybe "appear" again. When I delete dovecot.* files, all goes ok.
>>

> Doesn't it get fixed itself without deleting them?

Well I am not sure, this user was so angry that I had to insert
dovecot.* files deletion into crontab, every 5 minutes.
Strange that my mail cluster handles over 40 000 mailboxes, but logs say
that only few have such problem.

>> I use NFS storage.
>>

> Do you use one or more Dovecot servers?

Two dovecot servers with round-robin pf balancing and NetApp NFS storage
over gigabit ethernet

--
Dmitry Pryadko
http://www.hc.ru