[Dovecot] sieve variables

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Dec 29 01:55:18 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 13:09 +0300, Pavel Volkovitskiy wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I wonder if that possible to add support for sieve variables extension
>> in upcoming dovecot 1.1?
>> (
>> ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-variables-08.txt
>> )
>>
> I just use Cyrus's Sieve implementation and I don't have any plans on
> adding new features to it myself. If it gets added to Cyrus, I can port
> the code to Dovecot.
>
> Stephan Bosch however is writing his own new Sieve implementation, which
> I'm hoping will eventually replace Cyrus Sieve. But even then it pretty
> much depends on Stephan if he wants to implement it.

I will not go into too much detail on the current progress, but I am
getting closer to a first release. Most extensions that cmusieve
supports are now supported by the new implementation as well (with
notify as notable exception). Support for the variables extension is
under development, but I am not sure whether it will be included in the
first release. I am working on the variables extension already to be
able to provide full implementations of include and imap4flags, which
partly depend on the variables extension.

Note that my time to work on this project is regularly interrupted by
periods during which I am working on my graduation full-time, so there
is really no way to tell or plan when exactly I will produce a first
release. It should not take more than a few more months though (I
started in October).

Regards,

Stephan