[Dovecot] deliver: keep existing From_ line

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Dec 30 15:13:52 EET 2007

Hi!

I'm using procmail to filter my email. (I have to use it because of
various features that are not supported by sieve.)
However, I'd like to deliver mail to my mboxes using dovecots deliver
program in order to update index files and speed up mbox access.

Using "| $DELIVER -m <mboxname>" in my procmail receipes, everything
works fine, except that the envelope sender address is mangled. deliver
sets it to MAILER-DAEMON, even though it is already provided in the
first line of the mail.

I cannot use the "-f <address>" options of deliver, since procmail
doesn't provide the envelope-sender address in a variable. (I'd have to
extract it from the first line of the mail using a separate receipe,
which isn't very efficient.)

Is there a way to keep the already existing "From " line?

Thanks in advance,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Alexander.Bergolth (at) wu-wien.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050