[Dovecot] my.cnf reading support in MySQL backend

Luca Longinotti chtekk at gentoo.org
Mon Dec 31 15:23:21 EET 2007

I hope this ml is the right place to send this...
Anyway, I'd very much like for the MySQL backend to call mysql_options,
so that it'll read the settings defined in MySQL's my.cnf under the
[client] section. This allows to set a whole slew of MySQL specific
settings for the MySQL connection, for example to enable the compressed
protocol, set charsets, enable SSL client verification, and much more. A
patch is attached that implements this. See
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-options.html for more info.
--
Best regards,
Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK