[Dovecot] Time just moved backwards

Mon Dec 31 16:36:24 EET 2007

On 12/31/2007, Neal Becker (ndbecker2 at gmail.com) wrote:
> This wins the 2007 award for strangest (or most amusing) log message:
>
> dovecot: Time just moved backwards by 13 seconds. This might cause a
> lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now.
>
> It does, unfortunately, leave dovecot dead, which was pretty
> mysterious to me. Maybe it could re-exec instead?

I think it does this because, as it says, it can cause a lot of problems...

Fix the cause... use ntp to keep your servers time in sync so this
doesn't happen. this should be one of the very first things you do when
setting up a new server... accurate time on a server is absolutely critical.

--

Best regards,

Charles