[Dovecot] Mail Answered status flag in pine stopped working in rc19

Carl Mason --- Director Demography Lab carlm at demog.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 1 01:25:08 UTC 2007

The Flag indicating that a message has been Answered  does not work in
pine. The  status flags for New and Deleted work as always. The Answered
flag worked properly in dovecot 0.99, but after upgrading to 1.0rc19 it
stopped working.  Interestingly, mail that was answered before upgrading
to rc19 still shows the proper flag.

I have tried with mbox_dirty_syncs turned on and off and I have tried
putting "flags" in mail_cache_fields.  Obviously I am wandering in the
dark.

Here is the setup:

pine 4.64
dovecot 1.0rc19 (installed from rpm dovecot-1.0-2_40.rc19.el4.at.i386.rpm)
Centos 4.4.2
x86

mail_location =
mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=%h/.mailspool/%u:INDEX=/var/dovecot_indexes\/%d/%n

Inbox is NFS mounted, INDEX is on local disk

Thanks.