[Dovecot] 1.0rc19 with plugins on AIX 5.2

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Sat Feb 3 15:06:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've figured out how to build dovecot with plugins support on AIX.

You will find a small howto on:

	http://wiki.dovecot.org/AixPluginsSupport

Regards, Ralf

Ralf Becker schrieb am 30.01.2007 19:09:
> Hello,
> has anyone out there successfully build dovecot on AIX with plugins
> supported? I'm talking about an dlopen error when a plugin tries to
> access global symbols, that are defined in the dovecot "parent" binary
>
> For example:
>
> # MAIL_PLUGINS=zlib /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
>
> imap(root): Error:
> dlopen(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so) failed:
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_error was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_stream_get_data was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_stream_skip was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_stream_seek was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_stream_close was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol i_panic was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pool_get_exp_grown_size was referenced
>       from module /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib20_zlib_plugin.so(),
>       but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found.
> Additional errors occurred but are not reported.
>
> Maybe libtool is the problem, because it does not export global symbols
> correctly. Or would a newer version of AIX vac fix this? Any ideas?
>
> I'm using dovecot 1.0rc19, AIX 5.2-06 and vac 5.0.2
>
> Regards, Ralf

 Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
 (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
 Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

 Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                      Fon: +49 651 8103 499
 WWW:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr          Fax: +49 651 8103 214
 PGP:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr/pgp      ICQ: <available>