[Dovecot] Problems enabling quota on MacOS X

Lars Skovgaard lars at skovgaarddesign.dk
Sun Feb 4 22:08:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to activate quotas for my users, preferably maildir++
quotas as all users are using maildir. I have compiled dovecot with
quota-support, but when I try to enable quotas in the config, dovecot
refuses to start up with a (to me, at least) strange message:

Fopendir(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap) failed: No such file or directory
Error: imap dump-capability process returned 89

In the logs I get the following:

dovecot: read (imap dump-capability process) failed: Interrupted
system call

The directory "/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap" is not missing, which
would be the obvious explanation...

Dovecot-version is 1.0rc21 (which by the way is running ***great***
without quotas).

Thanks,
/Lars