[Dovecot] LDAP auth_bind=yes in rc21 = goodness

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Mon Feb 5 23:09:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I finally got a chance to try out the fix for the LDAP auth_bind=yes
issues in production (using rc21).  It seems to be working just fine even
after 24 hours of severe abuse.

Incidentally, I had switched to bsdauth+login_ldap (on OpenBSD) which was
often OK, but occasionally I would see Postfix smtpd throttled with SASL
errors due to "connection refused" on the Dovecot authentication socket.
This may just have been due to increased LDAP server load (Dovecot's
internal LDAP generates much less).

Thanks Timo!  (And thanks Brad for updating the port)

Adrian.