[Dovecot] Folders compat. problem ?

Benjamin Dabelow dabelow at tuxoft.de
Wed Feb 7 16:18:36 UTC 2007

Frank Bonnet schrieb:
> A folder created monthes ago with mozilla mail (windows client) became
> suddenly invisible when I stopped UW then started Dovecot.
>
> I really think that IMAP created folders a fully compatibles between
> UW and Dovecot but I'm curious to know from where does come this trouble
> ???

Dovecot uses a different file name for it's subscriptions file. UW IMAP:
.mailboxlist, Dovecot: .subscriptions This could cause folders to
disappear if the client is set to show only subscribed folders.

For other UW IMAP => Dovecot migration hints see:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration#head-5dde807bf059dea93fc2303e202b6a19029915c6

Regards

	Benjamin
Benjamin Dabelow                      dabelow at tuxoft.de
Offenburger Str. 29                   tuxoft.de
69126 Heidelberg
Germany