[Dovecot] Some users cannot login

Maarten Bezemer mcbdovecot at robuust.nl
Tue Feb 13 15:00:44 UTC 2007

Hi Frank,

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Frank Bonnet wrote:

> It is possible to login with ssh ou to su - xxxx on the machine
> but it seems that the dovecot imap refuse to authenticate some users ...

Do these users happen to have accents etc. in their passwords? I once had
a hard time figuring out a similar problem. User had a ^ in his password,
followed by a vowel, and Windows (with US-International keyboard
settings) contracted that to a single character. Adding an extra space
after the ^ got it working properly.

HTH,
 Maarten