[Dovecot] resilience suggestion

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 17:47:56 UTC 2007

David Lee schrieb:
> (An aside, interacting with another thread: Don't let this relatively
> minor suggestion delay the formalising of official version 1.0!)

Quite the contrary, let's defer 1.0 until it's really stable. There is
enough commercial junkware called "stable" around, why hurrying a
"formalis[ation]" rather than observe the incoming bug rate?

This is an open source project, and any hurries will come back and haunt
the maintainers later or perhaps sooner. I can only encourage Timo to
delay Dovecot 1.0 until the day it's ready.

While no scientific or transferable data point, we did that with
bogofilter (defer 1.0 until it was done) and required few patch releases

Best regards,
Matthias Andree

More information about the dovecot mailing list