[Dovecot] Changing the Seen Flags per Shared folder

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 14 19:23:40 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 08:26 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> > src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.c around line 519:
> > mbox->private_flags_mask = MAIL_SEEN;
> >
> > Change MAIL_SEEN to 0.

This is the part of the code where it's configured whether the mailbox
stores private seen flags or not.

> So, again, just to clarify - it is currently not possible to configure
> this on a per shared folder basis?

No, it's hardcoded. I'll make it configurable whenever I get around to
making Dovecot really and properly support shared folders. Not sure when
that will happen.

If you want it now, you can change that code to check somehow if you
want private seen flags or not. For example something like:

if (stat(t_strdup_printf("%s/dovecot-shared-private-seen-flags",
mbox->path)) == 0)
	mbox->private_flags_mask = MAIL_SEEN;