[Dovecot] DoveCot compression to save HDD space

Bart Smaalders barts at smaalders.net
Thu Feb 15 06:51:08 UTC 2007

Host Expert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Didn't checked by some reasons:
> 1. I don't have a "billion's" budget for Solaris

It's free, actually.... And it's open source.

> 2. I think are much easier to find dedicated servers for other OS than
> Solaris. Since i am not from USA and target is USA.

OpenSolaris will run on most PCs... check out opensolaris.org for details.

Oblig. disclaimer: I get paid for working on OpenSolaris by Sun.  I
                    use dovecot on ZFS for both my home email server and
                    my server at work.

- Bart 				Bart Smaalders
barts at smaalders.net 		http://smaalders.net/barts