[Dovecot] OT: Re: DoveCot compression to save HDD space

Dan Price dp at eng.sun.com
Thu Feb 15 08:15:05 UTC 2007

On Thu 15 Feb 2007 at 09:08PM, scorch wrote:
> >Question is, what mailserver would be best to run with Solaris/ZFS ?
> >
> >Cristian
>
> with a question like that I am sure you'll get as good an answer as your
> "poor performance" comment deserved.
>
> question is, what are your needs? on a dovecot list, i'd imagine the
> answer is already a forgone conclusion :-)

I was sort of thinking the poster was asking about SMTP server
(i.e. postfix vs sendmail) even though the question was vague.

In that case: sendmail comes with Solaris, but Postfix, etc.  work fine.

There is not an IMAP server which comes bundled with Solaris; in the
future, there might be...

        -dp

--
Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - dp at eng.sun.com - blogs.sun.com/dp