[Dovecot] deliver LDA permission problem

Venilton Junior venilton.junior at sercompe.com.br
Thu Feb 15 16:30:59 UTC 2007

Just use the same username for deliver at /etc/posfix/master.cf

As follows my config:
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}

And make it sure, that you have this same config at /etc/dovecot.conf:

auth default_with_listener {
        mechanisms = plain login
        userdb ldap {
                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
        }
        passdb ldap {
                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
        }
        socket listen {
                master {
                        path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
                        mode = 0660
                        user = vmail
                        group = mail
                }
        }

I'm using virtual domains, POSTFIX+DOVECOT+FEDORA-DS+SASLAUTHD

Here you can find a lot of information about Dovecot LDA, hope this can help you:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

Regards

Venilton C. Junior

HPS