[Dovecot] Is it 1.0 yet?
matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Feb 15 18:14:05 UTC 2007
Marc Perkel schrieb:
> I agree. There are people who are holding out for the 1.0 milestone and
> I think it's ready to bring them in. I think everyone here agrees that
> Dovecot is far ahead of where most software that is 1.0 is so it's just
> a matter of labeling. Timo is a perfectionist which is good but I think
> there's a marketing factor here too. I think not going to 1.0 is holding
> Dovecot back.
So the result will be a huge merging headache when all the remaining 1.0
bugfixes need to be forward ported. Particularly with inferior merging
systems such as CVS, it's going to be a lot of maintenance overhead
without guarantees of getting it right.
I might be a bit more optimistic with SVK, Git, Mercurial or such
things, but that's not Dovecot's repository system.
If you're into headaches, jump the gun.
Else, I haven't seen a reason to rush 1.0 I'd consider reasonable or
Not that I'm making Timo's decisions though.
More information about the dovecot