[Dovecot] Bug tracking system

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 16 16:20:49 UTC 2007

On Friday February 16, 2007 at 10:46:16 (AM) Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> FWIW I'm less inclined to report a problem if I have to register
> somewhere or join something to do so.  I suppose that might be jerky
> of me, I dunno.  One can always ignore reports that can't be understood
> or followed up on; but conversely, one can't act on reports that one
> never receives.

 I honestly have no idea why some individuals desire such an extreme
level of anonymity. The bug-tracker can be configured to keep the
reporters information hidden from other bug-reporters.

In any case, a user who declines to supply his/her contact information
obviously has no expectations of being contacted for further information
regarding their complaint and therefore should not expect their alleged
bug to be worked on in a speedy if eventual manner.

--
Gerard

"It is not the OS's job to stop you from shooting your foot. If you so
choose to do so, then it is OS's job to deliver Mr. Bullet to Mr Foot in
the most efficient way it knows."