[Dovecot] Proxy with MasterUser + Authentication issues

Cassidy B. Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 17:49:27 UTC 2007

> Looks like no-one has before tried to use MySQL as a masterdb. This
> should fix it:
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-February/007699.html

Cool, that fixed that issue. It'll now run the query against the MySQL
database as a masterdb.

The final problem I am seeing is there needs to be a way to send the
'masterpassword' to the storageserver.  Currently, it is sending the
password from the authenticated user of the proxy to the storage server,
which isnt the master user's password.  Is there a variable I can return on
the proxy's SQL query to specify the MasterUser password?

I basically need the proxy to Authenticate the plain/crypt password returned
from the SQL query. If it validates, then send the new
user=user at host.com*masteruser
variable to the storage server, with the correct masteruser's password.  If
I were to be able to figure this out, this problem would be done with.

Thanks,

Cassidy